Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm a Duck

Peanut: I'm a duck.
Me: I love you little duckie.
Peanut: I love you big duckie.

Does he pretend? Yes.
On a walk tonight he stopped and told Husband to go on ahead a few feet. Then he pretended to catch a football and throw it to Husband. He did this several times.

At breakfast he sometimes catches bats that fall from the sky. He hold on to them and shows them to me before tossing them back to the sky.

In the last week or two we've had a lot of good moments and I've snapped them in my head like a picture to keep forever. He has made a few rough moments/days feel a lot better.

The sleep issues are still there, but bedtime is getting a little better (knock a giant log, please) and we're not stressing about naps. We still try occasionally, but mostly just skip them for quiet time. He could really do with some rest, but I take what I can get.

1 comment:

No Minimom said...

Seriously, the good kid moments are what sustains me through the rotten kid moments. Glad you've been able to enjoy some good sweet kid moments lately!