Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mothers Helper

We were in the master bathroom, he was playing with various items and I was getting ready to clean the sinks. I started with the mirror and he wanted to help so I gave him the duster. In my head I thought he would just dust things. He went into the toilet room to clean. (Our toilet is in it's own little room in the bathroom). I didn’t think much about this, but clearly I should have.

After a full minute or even two in there I became suspicious. I peeked my head around the corner and he was ‘washing’ the walls. He had the toilet lid open and was dipping the duster into the water, then using that to wash the walls.

I took the duster away (and threw it away) and he cried. I told him he was doing a good job washing, but now we needed to wipe it up. Luckily I had a stack of paper towels handy and it only took us a few minutes to mop up the floor. We may need to do some cleaning in there with non-toilet water in case an odor develops.

After that I was tired so we had a snack. The sinks can be dirty a bit longer.

No comments: