Monday, April 14, 2008

How Do You Relax with This Much Nervous Energy

Per doctor orders I've been taking it easy this last week. Not really as easy as it sounds with a 2 yr old. We do fine except I can't get him much exercise. I'm not really supposed to walk much or run. So it's hard to keep up with Peanut when we go outside for exercise. Luckily, my nephew has helped quite a bit. We go to my sisters house and the two boys play like crazy boys for a few hours. Peanut gets worn out and all is well.

My medication runs out on Saturday. I have no idea what will happen. I still feel contractions once in a while, but they say that is normal. What will it be like off the meds? Will they just start back up or just continue to be once in a while? The realization that I could have a baby as soon as Sunday is starting to freak me out. It's still early and I'm not mentally ready. Physically, yes I could do without the pain in my hips and back, but mentally I'm not ok with two kids yet. Will I be? Who knows?

Husbands father came to visit over the weekend. They put the crib together, changed the light switch in the baby room and cleaned up some junk in the basement. It was nice to get a few of those things done. We need a mattress, but otherwise, baby can live in our house now.

A friend of mine asked about a shower a while back. I said I would like to wait until after baby was born. We only need gender specific things and won't know the gender until after birth. She agreed and said we could have a little party after baby was born. Then last week she sent an email to all our friends asking if they would like to attend a ladies dinner/shower. I didn't want to say no, but felt odd since we already agreed to have it post baby. She wants to have dinner, gifts and cake. I can't quiet put my finger on it, but I feel odd about the whole situation. I guess, I don't need more neutral clothes (we have plenty from the first). We don't really need too many things so I'm wondering what kind of gifts they will get. I'm trying to just look at it as a dinner out with friends and not a shower. We'll see how it all goes.

1 comment:

No Minimom said...

Looks like our babies may be REALLY close in age. Like DAYS apart! ;-)

Here's to hoping Peanut, Jr. knows to stay in his/her little hot tub for a few more weeks!

Keep us posted!