Thursday, December 07, 2006

Random

What's a girl got to do to stop breaking out? I know it's because of stress mostly, but I'm not 13 anymore. What is up with this? I wash may face, I give it lotion and I make it pretty once in a while. What more does it want? Help!

I do not look as good in black & silver outfits as I do the tan & browns. Today I did grey sweater, jeans, tennis shoes that happen to match the purple in the sweater and it just wasn't rocking for me. Granted the jeans are a bit old, but they fit so they got picked. I did my makeup with pink and grey and no love there either. I guess it's true that you have colors that flatter and the brown family is it for me. I really like this sweater though. Don't get me wrong, I look nice, but not wow you know? I believe that clothes can make you feel certain ways and today I'm saying "I look nice, but a little off."

What kind of make up am I supposed to wear? Let's start with foundation. Liquid, powder, lotion or what? Nothing seems to give me the 'flawless' appearance that Cover Girl talks about. This sort of relates to the skin problems (see paragraph 1) so maybe if that was fixed then the make up wouldn't matter. I'm thinking of going to Sephora and throwing myself at the mercy of the clerks there. My fear is I'll either look like Tammy F. Baker or Death. I can be a bit on the pale side so I need a hint of color, but too much and I look like I'm playing in mothers makeup. Again. Help!

I need jeans. I HATE shopping for jeans. You must try them on because a size x in one brand is not a size x in another. I also hate paying $50 for jeans. Can't they make denim for like $25? Maybe I'm cheap, but it's just jeans. Any suggestions as to store, style, brand, make, model and gas mileage. Wait, not that last part, unless you know something I don't.

Spending money on myself is a problem too. I just don't do it. Sure I buy a book or magazine once in a while, but I don't just buy outfits. Price tends to be the biggest factor. I can find a pair of pants I like for $70. What happens when Peanut barfs on it? Uhhh, can you say stain? Dry clean or whatever, some things just don't come out.

I need something done to my hair. The color is ok, but the style is a little tired. It's just all one length and straight. I pull it into a pony tail and then it looks blah, boring. I don't want to cut it, but maybe some bangs. I don't know. To fix it it really needs to be washed, dried straight and then have the ends curled a bit. That looks great, but takes like an hour. Are there any products I should try? Once again (say it with me now). Help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the jeans thing. It seems like I have to spend a fortune to get a pair that fit well and look good. And I'm just not the spending a fortune on jeans kind of girl so I usually end up with cheap jeans that don't fit right.