Wednesday, August 16, 2006

31 Today, 10 Months Tomorrow

Wow. I've been a bit inactive haven't I? There hasn't been much I've felt like writing. Today I still have nothing to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Peanut got his third tooth on Sunday. It may be silly, but I'm so proud of him. It's another sign he's growing up like he is supposed to. He's crawling really well now and pull up on everything. He will take a few steps behind his hippo walking toy. Someone suggested he would be walking soon, but I think it will be closer to the one year mark. He still has some balance issues to work out.

Last night we read books and I put him in bed and he didn't make a peep. About ten minutes later he started to cry. It got pretty bad and he had crossed the point of no calming down so I went in and got him. He snuggled on my lap and fell asleep that way. I love that. I love to have him snuggle with me. I always put him down because I know it's important for him to sleep in his own bed, but I do enjoy the snuggles beforehand. One day he won't want to do that. He won't want to sit on my lap. He won't want me to hold him while I breath in his baby smell (the good one, not the poopy one). I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Ten months old tomorrow. Two months away from the big 1 year old. I can't believe it. He's not a baby anymore, he's turning into a little boy. Yes the other number is mine. I don't feel it. Of course I don't care much for birthdays in general so this one is no different. It's just a number.

No comments: